JewelA

What Happens in Books

Love to read and talk books

Bride Of A Scottish Warrior - Adrienne Basso

Set in Scotland in the 1314, Ewan is bastard born who has been knighted and awarded land and now is in search for a bride who is a lady with a dowery, being a bastard he is not accepted easily, but Brain McKenna has fought with him during the war and thinks he is good for his sister.

Grace has recently been widowed, she wants nothing to do with marriage and wishes to enter a convent, although she has been raised in one, she has another reason why she wants to return, and why she keeps refusing Ewan's advances and offer.

I didn't really connect with the characters and the romance, Ewan's character was not very clear to me, I kinda liked Alec's character better, he is Ewan's Captain of the guard and friend.

Grace's character I think changed, it might have been the circumstances she was in, and that her character grew and developed and she came into herself with Ewan, but I was Iike who is this?

Overall an average read that has all the elements of a highland romance but nothing new or emotionally gripping.

This review is for a free copy courtesy of Kensington Books via NetGalley.