JewelA

What Happens in Books

Love to read and talk books

Three Little Words  (Fool's Gold #12) - Susan Mallery Usually when we read a romance, we know they'll end up together, but we're reading it for the journey and emotions and sometimes there is a little bit of adventure.
In this book it was all about the emotions.

Isabel has loved Ford since she was fourteen, when he left to join the military she starts writing him letters. They began with declaration of everlasting love, but as the years went by they became more like a diary, until finally she stops writing them. Ford never replied.

Now 14 years later, Isabel is back in her small town after her divorce, trying to settle things before she leaves again. Ford is also back, retired and running his own business. They kinda hock up for show at the beginning, only it's turning more real than both of them realize.

I think what I loved the most about this book is that we get to see Isabel and Ford go about they're daily life, while being together. You see them spending time together, walking around town, doing chores at home, have conversation over dinner. There are little things, like a kiss on the nose, a hug, a thank you and giving support. That was the beauty here, this book was all about emotions and I felt them.

I loved how family was important and friends are always there. And how in the end it, even though there were problems and complications they didn't drag and overdramatize.

There were a lot of secondary characters that it got confusing, however it was my first Susan Mallery, I think most have their own book.

I wanted to rate this book a little lower because there was a side story about another couple that I totally didn't connect with, and i just skimmed over their parts. I think I was really into Isabel and Ford that I just wanted to focus only on them.

In the end I had to give it the 4 stars, it was so romantic and I loved it.

This review is for a free copy courtesy of Harlequin via NetGalley