JewelA

What Happens in Books

Love to read and talk books

His Seduction - Diana Cosby Historically not a bad read, but I think because its the fifth in a series, and I haven't read any of them, I was a bit confused, it can be read as stand alone, but there wasn't enough introduction and background to build from. You kinda meet the characters from the previous books and its a bit overwhelming and I kept thinking that I wanted to go back and read their stories.

Griffin's character is interesting, it's presented quite well, you feel his emotions and struggle and you understand him a little.

Where as Rois's character is the reason I'm giving this book a lower star rating. We are told she is kind and intelligent, that she is everything any man would want. Yet I didn't see it, she acted on impulse, made lots of mistakes, put them in danger and trouble many times. I found myself judging her. And I got tired of reading about her green eyes the color of Scotland's fields.

And I kinda don't like it when the two main characters are pushed into each other by other forces, natural or supernatural. It's so much stronger when in the end it's their own feelings and decisions that keep them together, even if they made mistakes before they realize it.

Overall, interesting historical read, but the heroine was not portrayed well enough for me to enjoy it more.

This review is for a free copy courtesy of Kensington Books via NetGalley